Teen Writing Contest
Attention teen writers! The Fremont Public Library is hosting a teen writing contest!
January 2-February 28, 2019
- Open to teens in grades 6-12.
- Enter in one of three categories: Poetry, Short Story, or Essay/Memoir. (Submissions should not exceed 5,000 words. Submissions in the Poetry category can consist of 1 – 3 poems.)
- All submissions should reflect the theme of FAMILY.
- No school assignments.
- Limit of 1 entry per person.
- Submission period: January 2-February 28
- Enter online, using a link, here, starting January 2nd.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of Fremont Librarians. A winner will be chosen for each category in 2 age groups: middle school (Grades 6-8) and high school (Grades 9-12) (6 winners total). Winners will be announced by the end of March and winning submissions will be featured on our website.
Want to volunteer in the library?
Need hours for NHS, NJHS, Confirmation or high school?
- Catholic Charities of Lake County
- Condell Medical Center
- Find Help in Lake County
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Mundelein AYSO
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Save-a-Pet Adoption Center
- Tikkun Olam Volunteers
- United Way of Lake County
- VolunteerMatch - Where Volunteering Begins
- Winchester House
Need to do court ordered community service?
We do not offer that program here at the library. Please contact the Lake County Juvenile Service Program in Illinois at 847-377-7800. You can drop in or call for assistance. No appointment necessary!
What Should I Read Next?
Find out which book is next in your favorite series.