You must have a library card in order to check out materials. A valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID may also be registered with the Library as a substitute library card which can only be used to check out materials. This registration can be done at the Checkout desk.
Freedom from Fines! There are no more late fees from Fremont Library.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Limit||Renewable?|
|Books & all items not listed below||3 weeks||75 total items||Yes|
|Blu-rays & DVDs: New or High Demand||1 week||10||Yes|
|Blu-rays & DVDs: New TV Series||3 weeks||10||Yes|
|Blu-rays & DVDs "in the Vault"||3 weeks||10||Yes|
|Book Club Collection||3 weeks||n/a||No|
|Hands-on Kits & Launchpads||3 weeks||2||No|
|Videogames: New||1 week||2||Yes|
- Renewable items will automatically renew 3 days before they are due if no one else is waiting for the item.
- Choose email notification to receive a notice with the new due dates and/or a list of those titles that could not be renewed.
- Even if you do not have email notifications selected, your items will still be auto-renewed. Check your account for more information.
Freedom From Fines!
- We have removed late fees for all materials
- All items still have due dates.
- You are expected to return or renew items by their due dates.
- If you have an item out more than 2 weeks past its due date, you can't check out any more until the item is returned.
- 45 days after an item was due the item will be considered lost and you will be billed. At that point you may return the item or pay the bill.
- If you find a lost item within 1 week after paying to replace it, you may receive a refund.
To get a card from Fremont Library, you must live within our library district (To find this information, enter your address at the Lake County Maps Online (slow to load) and click on your property and scroll down.)
Present two forms of valid ID, including 1 photo ID:
- Valid Driver's license, State of Illinois ID card, Matricula card
- Valid passport
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Rental agreement
- Property title or mortgage
Children of any age can get a card, but patrons under age 18 must have a parent or guardian register for that card. Both the parent and child must be present, and the parent must provide ID as outlined above. Cards issued to patrons under the age of 18 will expire on the child’s 18th birthday, at which point the 18-year-old may sign accepting responsibility for their own card.
All adult cards will expire every three years. After expiration, you will need to show proof of residency to reactivate the card.
What if I don't live in the Fremont Public Library District?
People who live outside of our library district are welcome to check out books and other materials, but must use the card issued to them by their library. This card needs to be registered in our computer system, which can be done at the Checkout Desk. The card being registered must be in good standing at the issuing library, and the patron must present valid ID.
To report a lost or stolen card, call (847) 566-8702 so we can bar the card from being used by anyone else. Please note that patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their cards.