Free Computer & Device Help is offered at Fremont Public Library.
Kanopy allows patrons to stream movies through an internet browser or an app. The collection offers more than 30,000 independent and documentary films from The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, and thousands of independent filmmakers.
- Visit fremontlibrary.kanopy.com and click "connect now."
- Enter your library barcode number (no spaces).
- Sign up with your email address and a password.
- Verify your email to start watching movies.
Things to keep in mind when using Kanopy:
- You get 10 play credits per month. Each movie costs one credit to play.
- Play credits reload on the 1st of the month. Unused credits do not roll over.
- Once you start playing a movie, you have 72 hours to complete it. You can watch the video as many times as you'd like in that 72-hour period.
- Children's programming is available in Kanopy Kids. You can watch unlimited movies in Kanopy Kids; they do not count against your monthly play credits.
Need more help? Visit the Kanopy Help Site.
Hoopla Digital allows patrons to stream TV and movies through an internet browser or download video for offline viewing through the Hoopla app on Android or iOS devices. Hoopla also offers eAudiobooks and music albums.
- Visit Hoopla and click “sign up now.”
- Select Fremont Public Library.
- Hoopla will prompt you to enter your email address, create a password, and enter your library card number.
Things to keep in mind when using Hoopla:
- You can check out up to 10 items per month. Episodes of TV shows count as individual checkouts.
- You can only download video content when using the app. If you are using your computer, you can stream content.
- All checkouts automatically return when the lending period is up. You cannot keep any music or video content.
Need more help? Visit the Hoopla Digital | Help site.
Freegal offers access to over 15 million songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists, and over 15,000 music videos. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 28,000 labels with music that originates in over 100 countries. There is no software to download, and there are no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions. New music is added daily. Fremont Library card holders can download songs and music videos for free to a personal computer and then transfer them to an MP3 player, iPod, or smartphone, or they can download then via an app on a smartphone.
- Log in to Freegal by entering your Fremont Library card barcode (no spaces).
- Click on the Home tab and use the Freegal Music search box (found in the upper right corner) to search for and download songs.
- You can also search for music by clicking on the Genre tab.
Things to keep in mind when using Freegal:
- You have a weekly download limit of 5 songs.
- You can stream up to 8 hours of music per day.
- You can see how many downloads you’ve used for the week in the upper right corner of the site.
- Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download.
- The week ends Sunday at midnight.
- Once you’ve downloaded a song, you can download it up to 2 additional times from the Recent Downloads page.
Need more help? Click the FAQ link in the top menu on the Freegal Music homepage.