Library Associate II – Adult Services
We are looking for a dynamic, friendly, patient, customer-oriented individual to work part time in our adult department. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of popular books, movies and music and have a knack for technology, especially with personal mobile devices and using library-related apps. The majority of the job is spent providing general reader’s advisory help and one-on-one teaching of basic technology to adults, particularly seniors. Help primarily wanted in the evenings and about one weekend per month.
• High School Diploma plus a post-secondary degree in a related field.
• Customer service experience in a library or bookstore preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of literature and popular materials.
• Personal computer fluency in Microsoft Office or comparable software.
• Demonstrated proficiency in searching the Internet and using apps and mobile devices.
• Personable and approachable, with good professional image and attitude, and enthusiasm for working with the public.
• Able to navigate library spaces to assist patrons (able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and reach).
Send cover letter and resume to:
Adult Services Position
No phone calls, please.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.