Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Fremont Public Library is the major fundraising arm of the library's Foundation, a 501c3 organization. The Friends believe that a good public library is vital to the intellectual, cultural and social growth of our community.
What do the Friends do?
- We organize and maintain the “Book Nook,” offering gently-used titles for sale, including books, movies on DVD and VHS, audiobooks, and music CDs.
- We coordinate our popular book sales with donations of materials from our community. Currently, we offer a book sale the second Saturday of each month from 10:00-4:30, and Sunday from 1:00-4:30, on the second floor.
- We assist at special Library functions and sponsor special programs and library projects.
When do the Friends Meet?
Join us at our next meeting to see what we’re all about. We meet the second Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Questions? Call (847) 918-3247.
To become a dues-paying member, fill out our Application Form and turn mail it to the library or hand it in to any service desk.
We welcome clean, gently-used books, CDs and DVDs.
We are unable to accept:
• Medical or computer books older than 5 years
• Readers Digest Condensed Books
• Harlequin Romances
• Large book donations from stores or businesses
Monetary donations may be made via check or cash by completing this form and returning it to the Friends/Foundation by mail or in person at any service desk at the library. At this time credit card donations must be made in person at the library's Checkout Desk.