Storytimes begin January 20!
Fremont cardholder sign-ups begin January 6 & non-cardholders begin January 13.
Things to Keep in Mind...
Our story times rely on your and your child's interaction and participation. Therefore, we ask:
- Please register only your own children.
- For programs with caregivers, no more than 2 children per lap (excluding siblings)
- No photography or filming
- You may register for one daytime and one nightime or evening story time
- If you cannot attend a story time, please notify the Youth Services Department for an Excused Absence. You can call us at 847-918-3218 or email us at cref (at) fremontlibrary.org.
- Help Keep Us All Healthy! Stay home if you or your child is sick with the flu until at least 24 hours after there is no longer a fever or signs of a fever without fever-reducing medicine. Call 847-918-3218 to report an absence from a program. Handouts from the current session are listed below.
Check out our storytime books from last session
Age: 6 weeks to 11 months, siblings welcome
Time: Mondays @ 10:30 a.m.
Description: Early literacy starts here! Miss Kelsey presents a short program featuring playful rhymes, a short book, lullabies or sign language, and time to play with your little ones. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Funsies with Onesies
Age: 1-year-olds (12-23 months), siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays @ 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
Description: Worlds of fun for your wonderful one. Miss Kelsey leads a short program featuring songs, rhymes, and musical instruments, followed by playtime. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Age: 1-2.5 years
Time: Mondays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Kelsey
Description: A “just right” mix of stories, songs, and rhymes for younger ones. Requires more focus than Funsies with Onesies. Continued emphasis on early literacy
Age: 2-year-olds (24-35 months)
Time: Wednesdays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Carol
Thursdays @ 10:30 a.m. with Miss Connie
Descripion: Bring your Tremendous Two for a tip-top time of stories, rhymes, and songs. Continued emphasis of Early Literacy.
Age: 3-5 years (pre-kindergarten) without parents or caregivers
Time: Mondays @ 1:30 p.m. with Miss Connie
Wednesdays @ 10:30 a.m. with Miss Connie
Thursdays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Carol
Description: Here’s a chance for your preschooler to sample a little independence in a program that’s packed with stories, songs, fingerplays and rhymes. Caregivers must remain in the “E” area of the Youth Services Department.
Family Story Time
Age: 3-5 year olds (pre-kindergarten) and their families
Time: Tuesdays @ 7:00 p.m.
Description: Bring the family to listen and laugh, sing and stomp, rock and rhyme to the Preschool Stories presented by Miss Connie.
See Preschool Stories for handouts
Se Presenta...A B C/Presenting...A B C - handout
Hora: Los martes a las 6:00 p.m.
Descripción: Un programa nuevo de Arte, Baile, y Cuentos con Srta. Carol y Srta. Brooke
Age: 3 - 5 with adult, siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Description: A program of art, dance, and stories that is presented in Spanish with Miss Carol & Miss Brooke