Give us a call at 847-918-3218 for more information.
Things to Keep in Mind...
Our story times rely on you and your child's interaction and participation. Therefore, we ask:
- Please register only your own children.
- Siblings are welcome, except for Preschool Stories.
- For programs with caregivers, no more than 2 children per lap (excluding siblings)
- No photography or filming
- You may register for one daytime and one nightime or evening story time
- If you cannot attend a story time, please notify the Youth Services Department for an Excused Absence. You can call us at 847-918-3218 or email us at cref (at) fremontlibrary.org.
- Help Keep Us All Healthy! Stay home if you or your child is sick with the flu until at least 24 hours after there is no longer a fever or signs of a fever without fever-reducing medicine. Call 847-918-3218 to report an absence from a program.
Age: 6 weeks to 12 months, siblings welcome
Time: Mondays @ 10:30 a.m.
Description: Early literacy starts here! Fremont librarians present a short program featuring playful rhymes, a short book, lullabies or sign language, and time to play with your little ones. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Funsies with Onesies
Age: 1 year olds, siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays @ 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
Description: Worlds of fun for your wonderful one. Fremont librarians leads a short program featuring songs, rhymes, and musical instruments, followed by playtime. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Age: 1-2.5 year olds
Time: Mondays @ 9:30 a.m.
Description: A “just right” mix of stories, songs, and rhymes for younger ones. Requires more focus than Funsies with Onesies. Continued emphasis on early literacy
Age: Babies, 1 & 2 year olds
Time: Wednesdays @ 6:30 p.m.
Description: Got a tot who's not yet 3? Sign up for small-scale story time fun! Siblings welcome.
Age: 2-year-olds (24-35 months)
Time: Wednesdays @ 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays @ 10:30 a.m.
Descripion: Bring your Tremendous Two for a tip-top time of stories, rhymes, and songs. Continued emphasis of Early Literacy.
Age: 3-5 years (pre-kindergarten) without parents or caregivers
Time: Mondays @ 1:30 p.m.
Wednesdays @ 10:30 a.m.
Thursdays @ 9:30 a.m.
Description: Here’s a chance for your preschooler to sample a little independence in a program that’s packed with stories, songs, fingerplays and rhymes. Caregivers must remain in the “E” area of the Youth Services Department.
Family Story Time
Age: 3-5 year olds (pre-kindergarten) and their families
Time: Tuesdays @ 7:00 p.m.
Description: Bring the family to listen and laugh, sing and stomp, rock and rhyme to our original Preschool Stories.
Amigos and Friends
Hora: Los martes a las 6:00 p.m.
Descripción: Un programa nuevo de Baile y Cuentos con Srta. Carol
Age: 3+ with adult, siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Description: A program of dance, and stories that is presented in Spanish with Miss Carol