New Summer Schedule!
Summer Jams begin June 17! Fremont cardholder sign-ups begin June 3
Description: Did you know that bopping, bouncing, and boogieing to music helps children develop motor skills, which help them get ready to read? Sign up to shake it up for six weeks of musical moves at the Jams, our summer change of pace from story times.
- Baby Jam: 6 weeks thru 1-year-old crawlers
- Toddler Jam: 1-year-old runners thru 2-year-olds
- Preschool Jam: 3-year-olds thru 5-year-olds
- Mezcla Musical (en espanol): 2-year-olds thru 5-year-olds
- Family Jam: 3-year-olds thru 5-year-olds
Things to Keep in Mind...
Our story times rely on your and your child's interaction and participation. Therefore, we ask:
- Please register only your own children.
- For programs with caregivers, no more than 2 children per lap (excluding siblings)
- No photography or filming
- You may register for one daytime and one nightime or evening story time
- If you cannot attend a story time, please notify the Youth Services Department for an Excused Absence. You can call us at 847-918-3218 or email us at cref (at) fremontlibrary.org.
- Help Keep Us All Healthy! Stay home if you or your child is sick with the flu until at least 24 hours after there is no longer a fever or signs of a fever without fever-reducing medicine. Call 847-918-3218 to report an absence from a program. Handouts from the current session are listed below.
Information for storytimes during the school year
Check out our storytime books from last session
Age: 6 weeks to 12 months, siblings welcome
Time: Mondays @ 10:30 a.m.
Description: Early literacy starts here! Miss Kelsey presents a short program featuring playful rhymes, a short book, lullabies or sign language, and time to play with your little ones. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Funsies with Onesies
Age: 1-year-olds (12-23 months), siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays @ 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
Description: Worlds of fun for your wonderful one. Miss Kelsey leads a short program featuring songs, rhymes, and musical instruments, followed by playtime. Focus is on the 5 early literacy skills: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Age: 1-2.5 years
Time: Mondays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Kelsey
Wednesdays @ 1:30 & 6:30 p.m. with Miss Carol
Description: A “just right” mix of stories, songs, and rhymes for younger ones. Continued emphasis on early literacy
Age: 2-year-olds (24-35 months)
Time: Wednesdays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Carol
Thursdays @ 10:30 a.m. with Miss Connie
Descripion: Bring your Tremendous Two for a tip-top time of stories, rhymes, and songs. Continued emphasis of Early Literacy.
Age: 3-5 years (pre-kindergarten) without parents or caregivers
Time: Mondays @ 1:30 p.m. with Miss Connie
Wednesdays @ 10:30 a.m. with Miss Connie
Thursdays @ 9:30 a.m. with Miss Carol
Description: Here’s a chance for your preschooler to sample a little independence in a program that’s packed with stories, songs, fingerplays and rhymes. Caregivers must remain in the “E” area of the Youth Services Department.
Family Story Time
Age: 3-5 year olds (pre-kindergarten) and their families
Time: Tuesdays @ 7:00 p.m.
Description: Bring the family to listen and laugh, sing and stomp, rock and rhyme to the Preschool Stories presented by Miss Connie.
See Preschool Stories for handouts
Se Presenta...A B C/Presenting...A B C
Hora: Los martes a las 6:00 p.m.
Descripción: Un programa nuevo de Arte, Baile, y Cuentos con Srta. Carol y Srta. Brooke
Age: 3 - 5 with adult, siblings welcome
Time: Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Description: A program of art, dance, and stories that is presented in Spanish with Miss Carol & Miss Brooke