The library has PC computers equipped with Internet access, word processing, electronic reference resources and educational learning programs in the Adult and Youth Services departments. Computers are available on a walk-in basis. To ensure fair and equal access for everyone, we use a reservation system when all computers are in use.
If a computer is available, type in:
• ADULT (Adult computers, 2nd floor)
• YOUTH (Youth computers, 1st floor)
• TEEN (Teen computers, 1st floor)
If no computers are available, go to the department service desk to reserve the next available computer.
- Adult computers are unfiltered and for use by those 18 and older, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Youth computers and Teen computers are filtered and for use by those younger than 18.
- Teen computers are reserved for high school students. Individuals using a Teen computer may be asked provide a high school ID.
- Children younger than 8 years old must have an adult assist them with the computer.
- Adults who wish to use the youth computers must be accompanied by a child.
SCANNING: The library offers several options for scanning documents. Any of our copiers are able to scan to a USB storage device. They require a $.10 deposit to use the machine. The money then can be retrieved when finished scanning. The copiers work really well for large documents (up to 12x18) and multiple pages, as they have a document feeder attachment.
We have a document scanner connected to a computer so documents can be easily uploaded to the internet. This scanner requires page-by-page scanning, and can handle up to 8.5x14 size paper. Ask at the Reference desk for a pass to use the scanner. There is no charge for scanning.
KODAK PHOTO SCANNER: Have photographs you would like to save online or upload to Facebook? Our Kodak photo scanner will safely scan up to 25 photos per batch. The easy interface allows you to make some easy red-eye and color corrections at the click of the mouse and save to a USB or to the computer for uploading to the internet. There is a flat-bed scanner for larger or more delicate photographs as well. The scanner is available for 2 hours at a time; ask at the Reference Desk for access. It's free!
PRINTING is available from library computers on both floors. The charge is 10 cents per page for black & white, and 50 cents per page for color.
The library also offers free WI FI service throughout the library. If using it on your mobile device, you will need to select FPLD-Wireless and then open your Internet browser to be directed to the library's mobile hotspot. Click the agreement button and a window will open showing that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network. Do not close this window or your Wi-Fi connection will be disconnected. For more help, please visit a service desk.