MyMediaMall, powered by Overdrive, allows Fremont Library card holders to download digital books to a personal computer, as well as enjoy digital content on a wide variety of devices.
Some of the popular devices that allow you to read an e-book include Kindle, Nook, and iPad. To see a complete list of supported devices, visit Overdrive’s Device Resource Center.
If you would like to learn more about how to use our digital catalog, visit the Overdrive Help page which offers step-by-step instructions as well as short tutorials you can view. In order to view the tutorials, you must have Flash installed on your computer.
If you are ready to begin taking advantage of this service, visit MyMediaMall. Click on "Sign in" at the top right of the screen, select your home library, and then enter your library card number.
Which e-book format do I choose?
If you have a Kindle or are using a Kindle app, choose the Kindle format. All other e-book readers use the EPUB format.
What digital software do I need?
- Kindle – no additional software
- Nook & other e-book readers – Adobe Digital Editions (you will need to create an account)
- iPad, iPhone & other smart devices – Adobe Digital Editions and Overdrive Media Console (available as an app)
Attention Kindle Users
Some publishers (Penguin, USA being one of them) have put a "USB Only" restriction on their Kindle Books. This means that to download the title you will need to connect your Kindle to the computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle, and follow the procedure found in the Kindle/USB how-to guide.
No matter what device you use, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind.
Things to keep in mind when using MyMediaMall
- You are limited to five checkouts at any one time.
- Items remain in a cart for 30 minutes. If they're not checked out, they return to the shelf.
- You can place a hold on an unavailable item and receive an email alert when it is available. You have three days to check out an available hold.
- E-books may be checked out for 1-2 weeks and are not renewable, but you can check them out again if they are available when the checkout period ends.