Maintenance / Custodian
Work Schedule: 15-18 hours per week, afternoon & weekend shifts available
· General upkeep of building and grounds
· Reports any building problems to Facilities Supervisor
· Assists in opening/closing of Library and securing the building
· Meeting room set ups
· Outside trash pick up
· Snow removal from entrance and walkways
· Bio Clean Crisis Scene Management, cleaning, disinfecting, handling, containment and disposal of any bodily fluid “spills” due to illness and/or accident.
· High school age or above. Valid driver’s license.
· Fluent in English, both oral and written.
· Able to safely and effectively use hand tools.
· Basic understanding of HVAC systems and controls.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Requires full range of body motion including standing, sitting, bending, walking, stooping, reaching in tight places, shoveling, mowing and climbing vertical and step-ladders.
· Position involves lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds and the ability to push at least 100 pounds on wheels.
· Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination when moving library materials or
operating automated equipment and power tools.
· Good vision; correctable to 20/20 and in color.
Stop at the Checkout Desk to fill out an application in person.
Fremont Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a drug-free workplace.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.